Technology Marketing Manager (12 Months Contract)
New York, NY
Posted May 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 90592
The Bloomberg Central Marketing team is an industry leading and award winning in-house Marketing department at one of the most influential financial services and technology brands in the world. Our mission is to leverage our wealth of data to understand the markets and our target audiences and then deliver impactful creative and results focused programs that support the growth of our brand and align to the strategic priorities of the businesses.
With teams spread across every major Bloomberg office around the world, we have the breadth of resources and market knowledge to take on any objective as well as the Marketing expertise to intelligently address any challenge with a multi-channel, results oriented approach.
Based in New York, the Technology Marketing Manager is responsible for building and executing Bloomberg’s reputation as an innovative technology company and employer of choice. Bloomberg hires over 1,000 engineers annually and participates in over 60 industry conferences globally, with the goal of hiring top software engineers and technical talent to Bloomberg. This individual will be responsible for leading and deepening Bloomberg’s presence at these events and conferences through partner outreach, contract negotiation, and especially brand development for the events, whether live or virtual.
Additionally, they will collaborate closely with cross-functional marketing, communications, stakeholder, and engineering teams to ensure a strong external brand presence.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage the global execution for 60+ annual technical conference sponsorships and events that build Bloomberg’s tech brand
- Liaise with external partners for outreach, negotiations, as well as leading kick offs and debriefs
- Partner with cross-functional teams across our Chief Technology Office (CTO), Engineering, Engineering Recruitment, User Experience (UX) and Bloomberg Beta teams to assess and execute on event goals
- Collaborate with internal Events and Communications teams to manage conference sponsorship deliverables (promotional materials, ads, social media, experiential) and report on results
- Maintain and update internal marketing materials to train employees on the Bloomberg brand and the company’s unique employer value proposition for technical candidates
- Partner with in-house creative studio and external vendors to develop and execute on branding/creation of 100+ promotional items (swag) annually to support recruitment and employee engagement
- Support the development of an employee virtual swag store and upon creation, provide ongoing customer service and support to internal stakeholders
- Be detail-oriented, self-organized, and proactive in coordinating and leading marketing activities from every angle to achieve maximum results
- Be an advocate for the Bloomberg brand and ensure that all marketing activities are aligned and support the overall brand
You need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in an integrated marketing, project management, events, agency, or related role
- Demonstrated experience or interest in technology; a solid understanding of top firms in tech and their points of difference
- Experience in developing marketing and creative briefs, and coordinating execution across live/virtual events, website, content and social media.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and an ability to adapt and learn about new market trends and new audience opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and prioritize
- Impeccable integrity
- Ability to influence and collaborate with all levels and departments
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.