Summer Insight Week - Global Data
Posted May 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 90688
Our Insight Week is designed to introduce you to our work and culture, connect you to our diverse communities and help prepare you for your future professional career.
During the week, you will have the opportunity to network with inspirational employees throughout our company, gain an insight into different areas of our daily work, build your professional skills as well as exploring future opportunities available.
We strive to create a working environment that values difference, fosters inclusion and promotes collaboration. Our global community of diverse employees tackle some of the world’s most exciting and important challenges. We develop impactful solutions to complex, real-world problems. Giving back has always been the core of what we do and the vast majority of our profits are donated through Bloomberg Philanthropies to support lasting change around the world. We are looking for people who see things differently, find solutions and collaborate instinctively.
What is Global Data?
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
In Global Data, you will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes, establish links with key players in the financial market by providing exceptional client support, and manage the financial data that feeds the Bloomberg Terminal.
You can expect to:
- Explore our company, culture and meet members of our diverse communities
- Learn about our departments (focusing on Global Data and Analytics & Sales)
- Collaborate with peers and take part in a team project
- Network with our employees
- Successful participants will be offered an interview for our 2022 Summer Internship
If you are interested, you will need to:
- Be available to attend the full week (9th -13th August)
- Have (or be in the process of studying for and expect to obtain by 2023) an undergraduate degree, or comparable level of qualification
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in the FinTech industry
- Have a strong passion for data, technology and finance
- Be fluent in a European language in addition to English
- Be familiar with information technology/statistical analysis/computer programming (i.e. VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Advanced Excel)
Have we made you curious to learn more?
If so, apply! Our Insight Week recruitment process is as follows;
Step 1: Online Application Process: Complete the online application Q&A and our Plum psychometric test, along with submitting your most up-to-date CV and. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Pre-Recorded Video: Successful candidates will be invited to complete a pre-recorded video interview. Show us you are motivated and have done research on our company.
Step 3: Final Interview: Meet with Team Leaders to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the Insight Week.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.