Data Analyst - ETL Developer
New York, NY
Posted May 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 90789
ESG ETL Pipeline Analysts use knowledge of the financial markets, understanding of clients’ needs, and demonstrated technical expertise to improve our data products by generating premium content. The role will enhance and optimize the acquisition, data processing and automation capabilities of ESG through open source, third party and proprietary technology. Our focus is on data acquisition, processing, validation and storage. We’re constantly innovating to build better, more efficient systems to handle the huge variety of data we acquire and deliver to our clients. We have strong working relationships with other data teams and departments such as Engineering and utilize this network to achieve results. As a leader in the organization, they also train and mentor others and are trusted to deploy code to production.
We’ll trust you to:
- Research new data sets to expand the coverage of our products
- Build database schema and configure ETL software to onboard new data sets
- Analyze internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Maintain workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Combine of subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to generate premium content such as data-driven news stories
- Contribute to the creation of standard methodologies and guidelines for governance
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg ESG products resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Utilize data visualization skills to report on results of ongoing operations and projects, as the need arises
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience in software development
- 2+ years of Python programming and scripting in a production environment
- 2+ years of experience working with databases either SQL or NoSQL
- Understanding of large-scale, distributed systems
- Proven aptitude for problem solving, particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows
- Solid attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other