Experienced Audio Visual Technician
Posted May 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 90824
Who we are:
Bloomberg's Audio Visual team touches every business unit and every service offering within the organization. It is the primary resource utilized to facilitate real time face to face communication and enables remote location collaboration. Audio Visual is utilized everywhere and will need to be accessible anywhere to ensure smooth outcomes in your day to day.
What we do:
We support, suggest, and facilitate technological collaboration across the globe. We connect decision makers with information and enable business to transpire anywhere. We are vital to the firm’s scalability and crucial to using a global knowledge base. We deliver outstanding service during events on a local and global scale.
Our service offerings fall into five distinct categories; Event Technology, UC Collaboration, AV Infrastructure, AV Design / Build Management, and Digital Signage.
We’ll trust you to:
The Audio Visual Technician will have a solid understanding of all aspects of the audio visual realm. A steadfast demeanour towards customer service is a must. Candidates will be working in a fast paced dynamic environment involving live events, IPTV, video conferencing platforms (Zoom, Webex, Vidyo, MS Teams, etc.), training room management and daily conference room support. Solid experience as an operating technician, as well as planning and execution of live audio visual special events is required. We'll also trust you to have a good background in working on high profile events including vision/audio Mixing, camera framing, lighting, floor managing, racking cameras, and a good solid understanding of sophisticated AV events systems.
The AV Technician will have installation / design build experience with sophisticated AV systems. They must demonstrate experience completing technical installation of AV technology, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation of Crestron systems. They will also have the ability to trouble-shoot sophisticated audio, video, switching and control systems problems required. They should also be able to discuss examples of completed projects and provide positive references.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience within Event Management - work with event's team to ensure each and every event goes efficiently
- Solid grasp of Christie Spyder X80
- Experience with LFD (Panasonic projection, LED video wall technology)
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding technical/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Outstanding customer service and social skills
- Demonstrable experience in installation/commissioning of AV systems
- Crestron installation experience
- Strong digital literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Solid grasp of video conference tools and troubleshooting (Zoom, Webex, MS Teams, Vidyo, etc)
- Ability to setup, test, calibrate and commission equipment and devices as required to build a fully functional AV system including video displays, display systems, screens, cameras, switchers, scalers, processors, transmitters, receivers, interfaces, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, controls, and other active and passive devices
We’d love to see:
- Audio DSP, video processing, control system platform certifications (i.e. Biamp, Q-Sys, Extron, Christie, Crestron)
- Network security and vulnerability standard methodologies
- Complete solid understanding of today's AV technology
- Ability to respond to changes in a short time frame
- Ability to be flexible, an outstanding teammate and ability to learn in a fast paced environment are a must
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.