Asia Credit Team Leader - Singapore
Posted May 31, 2021 - Requisition No. 91078
We are looking for a Team Leader to manage coverage of Asia's expanding credit markets, which have powered the world's fastest-growing economies and now face increasing strains after record borrowing during the pandemic. You'll oversee all areas of reporting from new issuance to secondary market trading and distressed situations, as we chronicle how Asia's corporations and financial institutions fund themselves and what happens when things go wrong.
The team works closely with a separate China Credit team, and covers all of Asia outside Greater China. Fostering unity in diversity, you'll help team reporters and editors in Japan, South Korea, India, Singapore and Indonesia connect the dots across regional and global markets. Credit savvy colleagues in countries including the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand will also partner with you to ensure we continue dominating coverage in these key growth markets.
Credit touches on all beats, and you'll catalyze collaboration with colleagues across teams, bureaus and languages to break scoops of fact and insight. To succeed, you'll need to empower a group of talented journalists to work with urgency in a fiercely competitive environment, and with authority in connecting the dots.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead the team to deliver urgent, insightful and authoritative stories
- Plan and assign story coverage
- React quickly and decisively to unexpected credit developments
- Cultivate and maintain collaboration with numerous Bloomberg teams, including the newly formed Markets Editing Team
- Develop the skillsets of reporters and editors
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 8 years of recent Financial Journalism experience
- Experience working in a real time news environment
- Recent experience managing and/or mentoring individuals and a vision for the team, its coverage and direction
- A keen understanding of opportunities and risks in credit markets
- The drive to excel in a competitive field, pushing for breaking news as well as the best market analysis
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- A strong work ethic, including operating calmly under pressure
- The ability to generate ideas and ensure clear, concise, and accurate copy
- A collaborative spirit
- The desire to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status