Senior Software Engineer - Bloomberg Indices (FA - Financial Analytics)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 91104
Bloomberg Index is a rapidly growing business in Bloomberg. We provide proprietary indices for investors to measure, analyze, and invest in global financial markets. Our Indices are the gold standard in Fixed Income Markets. Clients benchmark in excess of five trillion dollars of assets against the Bloomberg Indices. With this level of global impact, we ensure our product can be relied on every single day and meets the highest level of quality.
An Index is a collection of securities representing a market. The aggregated performance of this set of securities represents the performance of that market. A market can be as broad as a country or a region, or it can be specialized by sector or industry.
You can find few of our flagship indices here: https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates-bonds/bloomberg-barclays-indices
If you’d like to learn more about our product you can visit our Bloomberg Indices website here: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/indices/
Our globally distributed team is responsible for the software platform that enables large scale and high-quality daily production of the Bloomberg Indices. Our system acquires millions of data points from various financial markets, analyzes, processes, aggregates, distributes, and publishes the Index data. You can learn more from this meet the team article featuring few of our engineers from the group here: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/meet-the-team-indices-engineering/
We use the wealth of financial data within the Bloomberg terminal to help clients construct new index strategies, examine and back-test index membership, performance, and characteristics, and monitor index levels.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership of the full development cycle, from understanding the business needs to coding, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Embrace working together as a team – mentoring and learning from their existing teammates to break knowledge silos and ensure that our team is producing reliable software, and our system is well documented and well understood to our clients.
- Tackle problems in the Big Data and distributed computing domain.
- Build fast, reliable, flexible and high-performance software.
- Be quick, resourceful, resilient, and an excellent collaborator.
- Learn to balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
- Work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork is the key to success
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of programming experience demonstrating the ability to design systems and debug issues
- 3+ years of experience with object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, databases and all phases of software development
- Willingness to work with C++ and Python
- Self-motivated with pragmatic problem-solving skills
- An interest in the financial domain
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
- an equivalent combination of education, and/or
- specialized training, and/or
- related professional experience
This position requires at least one of the following:
We'd love to see
- Experience in designing and maintaining distributed systems or mission-critical software.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Familiarity with distributed technologies like Apache Solr, Apache Cassandra or Apache Spark.
- Experience or interest in building financial application in Multi-asset Index and Portfolio Analytics Domain
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org