Reference Data / Controlled Vocabulary Analyst
Posted Jun 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 91122
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In our Global Data department, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it so our clients can make informed decisions from a global perspective. We then take this perspective and bring data solutions to local markets. We solve for the problems of tomorrow.
The Master Data & Governance organization within Global Data provides holistic and consistent data management capabilities to Bloomberg. This includes domain management, data quality monitoring, metadata management, and master/reference data management. This team is responsible for improving data governance and data quality across various data domains (Entity Management, Security Management, Entity Attributes etc.) to empower our business partners and systems.
This team is seeking a highly motivated candidate to maintain and extend our knowledge representations. In addition, this person will partner with various cross functional business & technical teams to ensure understanding of how to utilize the team’s metadata and taxonomies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support the operationalization of Data Governance for the Enterprise
- Inventory existing internal vocabularies and harmonize them against existing external standards. Would also identify internal gaps and recommend usage of external standard
- Actively follow changes to various standards Bloomberg utilizes; would implement necessary changes and inform stakeholders
- Coordinate with the Ontology team to manage the creation and maintenance of controlled vocabularies. Work with Global Data managers and Engineering to ensure the necessary workflow to admit/classify these vocabularies into master databases
- Develop policies for sourcing, populating and maintaining new vocabularies and data elements
- Coordinate with the Ontology team to develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency and interoperability of data models
- Perform reference data quality analysis and discovering reference data quality issues, this includes coordinating with technology partners to gather source data and loading into an integrated database
- Provides reference/master data SME (Subject Matter Expert) input to various project teams as it relates to data management and governance.
- Within the context of Data Governance, builds and sustains the day-to-day relationships and communications with business partners at various levels of the organization, as well as other internal and external resources
- Work closely with the business and engineering teams to define data elements, metadata, master/reference data rules, processes and data quality metrics
You’ll need to have:
- BA or BS in a relevant field
- A minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in data governance, data quality, and change management
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant standards, models, and frameworks in data/information related fields, for example, DAMA-DMBOK framework, NIEM
- In-depth knowledge of Reference Data (e.g. Master Data Management , Source to Valid Table mappings, Industry Standards like ISO codes) and Tools
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- 3+ years of experience in at least one of semantic web technologies, natural-language processing or unstructured content classification
- A minimum of three (3) years of combined experience and in-depth knowledge of developing standards, processes, specifications and policies
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.