Senior Recruiter - Financial Products
New York, NY
Posted Jun 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 91392
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You know the financial services landscape and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, analysts, product managers, leaders and innovative talent in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and personalities.
What you'll do:
You will manage full life-cycle recruitment for open roles across Bloomberg’s Financial Products division – the most fundamental part of Bloomberg’s revenue and marketplace strategy. Our Financial Products business is a dynamic group that includes Analytics, Sales, Enterprise Products, Data Analytics & Integration, and Enterprise Data. Among these businesses, you’ll be responsible for finding the best talent across a diverse slate of professionals, from sales and account managers to product and market specialists to quants and UX designers. Out of the gate, you’ll foster relationships with hiring leaders, ensure a smooth recruiting process and establish an outstanding candidate experience against a strategy tightly aligned with Bloomberg’s business strategy.
We’ll trust you to:
- Fully understand the needs of your respective hiring managers’ and collaborate with them to manage the full lifecycle recruitment process for mid-to-senior level hires across Bloomberg’s business functions
- Source candidates directly through both internal and external industry networking events and various online recruiting tools
- Manage and review resumes, scheduling, interviewing, offer negotiation/ closing, and onboarding
- Provide continuous feedback to candidates, hiring managers and other stakeholders
- Team up with HR business partners, immigration, relocation, and other folks to quickly get the best candidates in and productive
- Appreciate the challenge of placing hard-to-find talent, especially in more technical areas such as financial engineering, quantitative finance, data science, modeling and UX design.
- Stay on top of market trends affecting the various groups across Financial Products, as well as employment trends, advising the business on marketplace trends
- Partner with academic and diversity organizations to improve and enhance our recruitment strategy
- Write compelling and persuasive job descriptions…like this one!
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- 8+ years of recruiting experience, including successful recruitment of experienced professionals in an agency/search firm or corporate environment
- The ability to execute on assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach and the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and effectively network within a heavily-matrixed organization
- Proven behavioral interviewing skills and candidate assessment techniques
- Experience using applicant tracking systems, human resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications
- Demonstrated passion, compassion, and the ability to lead by example
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Not only do you know your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, you have a couple of innovative tricks up your sleeve
- You organize and present to stakeholders and execs with ease
- You understand what finance people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.