Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Metering (Java)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 91599
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data business has grown year over years and today we see an explosion of financial data that our clients use. The metering team is one of the core components that contributes to this success.
We work with data that captures how our clients consume information using various Bloomberg Enterprise products. Our mission is to use this data to power operational use like invoicing and compliance, power business intelligence systems and provide transparency to our clients. We need to build systems that support high volume data ingestion, large-scale data storage and distributed data processing. In doing so we leverage big data technologies like Hadoop, Greenplum and Spark.
As a part of the metering team you will help us build and optimize the enterprise metering platform and algorithms for processing high-volume data that we receive from dozens of Bloomberg's internal as well as client facing systems.
We're looking for engineers with a real passion for crafting efficient and scalable solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape and who can collaborate optimally on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
As an engineer on the team, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software components
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams across the company
- Learn new technologies and how to apply them at scale
- Be part of the many tech and non-tech communities we have at Bloomberg
- Think about the bigger picture and take calculated risks
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience or an interest to work in Java
- Experience with system design
- Demonstrated experience being self sufficient in fast-paced continuous delivery projects
- Shown ability to communicate optimally
- BA, BS, MS, PHD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of SQL and experience using RDBMS
- Working experience in Python
- Experience working with large scale distributed processing systems
- Experience with Phoenix, Hadoop, Spark
- Keen curiosity about learning modern technological advances and shown success at incorporating new technologies into existing systems
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of users around the world.
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.