Senior Financial Engineer MARS API Solution
Posted Jun 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 91607
Derivatives professionals require accurate, flexible and transparent workflows to assess risk and move with confidence. We provide a solution for every step of the derivatives workflow, across all asset classes. Our solutions and models are fed with high quality data giving you the context you need, so you can understand better, analyse and stay ahead of the markets.
What’s the role?
You will be joining a specialised area of Bloomberg – within the Pricing and Risk group that concentrates on building premium risk solutions to our clients. These solutions can include cross-asset flexible, customisable workflows that leverages Bloomberg APIs for increased analytics transparency.
Your familiarity with implementing via APIs bespoke developments, and knowledge of pricing and risk industry standards in the context of portfolio risk analysis will allow you to successfully contribute to the team and client opportunities.
You will be involved in client facing demos, work with various internal stakeholders (engineering, quant, product teams) to ensure we build a unique customer experience for risk APIs.
You will be also responsible of maintaining and upgrading the solutions when needed and work regularly with the engineering team responsible to build data and APIs necessary for your developments.
You'll need to have:
- Prior experience in developing financial solutions using APIs
- Solid understanding of derivatives and mathematical finance
- Prior experience in developing financial solutions involving pricing and risk at portfolio level
- Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify technical aspects for non-sophisticated users
- Excellent organisation, diligence and documentation skills are required
- Experience in building web-based or standalone UIs to interact with the workflow
- Knowledge of Bloomberg Engineering is preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.