Asia Cybersecurity Reporter - Singapore
Posted Jun 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 91624
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest and most influential news organizations in the world. Our award-winning Global Cybersecurity Team covers data breaches and cyber-attacks that exploit weaknesses at companies, organizations, government agencies and digital platforms, as well as the people, groups and nation-states responsible for them. We explore the why behind incursions, seeking to explain motivations of attackers, how victims respond and the weaknesses that leave all of us vulnerable. Our team also covers digital disinformation and the profound, deepening privacy risks posed by our digital economy.
We are seeking a driven and creative reporter based in Singapore, a key global hub for Bloomberg News, to cover cybersecurity in Asia. You will cover breaking news such as major hacks at corporations and disinformation campaigns in various countries focusing primarily on enterprise reporting digging out stories about cyber campaigns from nation-state, criminal or other actors, discovering who is behind disinformation efforts in politics and finding sources willing to talk about these issues. You are a persuasive and experienced reporter willing to travel as the geographic coverage includes all of Asia, including Australia and New Zealand.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce fast-paced breaking news, video, graphics and data journalism as well as deeper investigative stories and projects.
- Write for a variety of platforms, including the real-time Bloomberg Terminal news service, the web and Bloomberg Businessweek magazine.
- Develop a long list of promising ideas, working with editors to prioritize them and executing those projects in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate as needed across region, teams and time zone as well as develop and maintain a broad range of sources.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 10 years of business and financial journalism experience with a sound news judgement
- A track record of breaking news and a portfolio of long-form features
- Strong knowledge of matters related to cyber security
- The ability to write quickly and concisely
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at http://www.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.