Supply Chain Team Leader - Hong Kong
Posted Jun 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 91669
Bloomberg's Workplace Operations and Supply Chain business is a global organization that provides the enterprise with the best and most resilient support. Each of the functions in Workplace Operations & Supply Chain uniquely contributes to the employee experience and collectively supports 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. The group enables the company to achieve our commercial & product development goals, provide outstanding service to our clients and fosters collaboration among colleagues and clients. Our strategies of improving employee experience with operational excellence drives the pursuit of our vision.
What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced and motivated professional to join Bloomberg’s Supply Chain Management team and oversee the Greater China region based in Hong Kong. In partnership with our management team across Asia Pacific, various functions within Supply Chain, as well as our stakeholders within the organization, you will be responsible for running all aspects of Supply Chain Operations to provide the highest quality customer service to both our external clients, internal clients, and our internal stakeholders. Some of the activities include: warehouse/inventory management, production management, vendor management, customer engagement and process/cost improvement. You will also coach and lead the team, find areas of opportunity for efficiency and implement change.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive business impact by challenging the status quo around existing supply chain practices and being the change agent for our goal of outstanding service to our clients
- Collaborate with stakeholders to drive priorities and deliver on our objectives
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues across functions and geographies to identify operational synergies/alignment and cross-functional opportunities
- Develop and manage relationship with our key customers in the region and provide outstanding service to our clients
- Provide effective oversight and leadership for the team. This includes coaching, counselling, training, and performance reviews.
- Use data analysis to actively identify improvement opportunities and streamline our processes to drive efficiencies
You’ll need to be:
- Self-Motivated and autonomous: You love to work well in a team environment; you're able to focus on the solution and deliver results in an evolving environment
- Clear Communicator: You deliver clear, concise and structured presentations where you understand your audience and convey the appropriate amount of information
- Excellent Collaborator: You build good relationships with key partners and negotiate the scope of a project for a win-win outcome; you know how to identify cross departmental opportunities
- Creative and Innovative: You're able to think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and ask the right questions to drive value for the business. You see different approaches to a problem and anticipate future risk and challenges with potential solutions. You challenge status quo with a curious and creative mindset and visionary ideas
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 6-8 years Supply Chain Operation/Management experience
- Experience in maintaining relationships with multiple cross functional teams
- Drive improvement & manage through change
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience in SAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime further information around our Supply Chain Operations can be found here - https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/blog/exactly-supply-chain/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.