Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead - Bloomberg Platform as a Service
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jun 24, 2021 - Requisition No. 91737
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance, providing thousands of data and analytics services to our customers, and building systems to support our 6,500+ engineers is critical to our success.
Our team is building a Platform as a Service (PaaS) based on Kubernetes that allows Bloomberg engineering teams around the world to develop, deploy, and manage production services. Our mission is to build what will become the default place to host Bloomberg’s applications and infrastructure. This is a well funded, high profile project that will revolutionize how Bloomberg Engineering operates every day.
If you’re passionate about mission-critical system development, cloud native applications, and container orchestration, this role is for you!
What’s in it for you:
- Drive highly visible projects that will support mission-critical use cases
- Mentor and guide fellow engineers to embrace best practices and write clean and maintainable software
- Design and implement solutions with cloud and container orchestration technologies
We'll trust you to:
- Design and implement new features leading a group of fellow engineers
- Mentor engineers on design, implementation, and technical leadership
- Collaborate with product stakeholders and other engineering teams to design scalable and robust systems
- Proactively recommend and contribute improvements to the platform
- Work with a variety of open source and in-house technologies to develop novel solutions
- Present and evangelize the platform to other engineering teams across the firm
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of hands on software engineering experience
- Technical Leadership and Distributed Systems Design experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, Containers and other CNCF technologies
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Solid understanding of software design fundamentals like TDD, SOLID, Functional Programming, etc.
- Experience managing technical projects for large teams or initiatives
- Open source contributions
- Project planning and management experience