Bloomberg Intelligence - Economics Associate
New York, NY
Posted Jun 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 91752
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence "BI" takes that data to generate market-driving research and analysis. Our team of experts produce high-value analysis, featured on the Bloomberg Terminal, which gives trading and investment professionals perspective into key themes influencing industries, policy makers and financial markets.
The Role: Economics Associate
You would be part of an expanding team and responsible for supporting economists/analysts in the Bloomberg Intelligence Industry Economics, Tax, Trade and Policy Research team. This exciting new role includes generating insights, performing analysis and conducting ad hoc thematic research. This would include periodic assessments of economic and market developments, as well as major policy initiatives. Collaboration with strategy, industry, government and litigation teams is a key element of this role.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data analysis, written research, idea generation)
- Monitor and interpret major economic/market developments and identify macro themes affecting specific sectors and/or broader markets
- Management and modeling of large data sets, including aggregation and calculation of fundamental series for industries and sectors
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external users
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and improve content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree
- Research experience in economics: A genuine interest in developing a career in macroeconomic research is essential to success in this role
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, track record of collaboration
- Strong familiarity with high frequency economic data sets and time series analysis
- An understanding of advanced concepts of finance with experience performing quantitative financial analysis
- High attention to detail and demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills/ability to handle multiple projects
- Proven aptitude managing and modelling large data sets, with high interest in progressive learning of new quantitative systems
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
We'd love to see:
- Industry experience in a markets economist role
- A Master's degree in Economics, Business, Finance, or related discipline
- A high level of proficiency in econometric and statistical modeling
- Advanced modelling skills, including knowledge of VBA and understanding of Python
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.