Business Analyst - Technical Project Manager
Posted Jun 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 91757
What we do:
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time data available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Across 88 data sets, our Analysts are responsible for distilling intelligence and industry-specific insights for our clients - influencing investment decisions and moving markets daily. None of this would be possible without maintaining the highest standard of operational excellence and efficiency.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our established EMEA Business Process Management (BPM) team within Global Data, which primarily focuses on Project Management, Process Engineering, Workflow Development and Business Intelligence. The BPM team is responsible for understanding both the business and operational needs of the product aligned teams across Global Data, and to realise operational excellence across the business through introducing processes efficiencies and leveraging technology effectively through data driven decision making.
Your responsibilities will include identifying opportunities, collaborating with internal and external counterparts on defining solutions and influencing priorities for our data business. In this role you will evaluate project requests and drive sponsorship decisions, perform planning and road mapping activities, organize and track executing teams’ performance, and communicate effectively to management and project stakeholders.
Working in a highly collaborative team environment, you will help define the strategy and best-practices of our technical solutions with the goal of improving our end-to-end workflow orchestration, as well as expanding the reporting capabilities of our internal processes. You will be expected to account for regional business needs, with solutions that can be applied globally. In your immediate role, you will be primarily responsible for project management, but will be expected to be versatile and contribute to all BPM’s focus areas in some capacity over time.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Create and maintain technical roadmaps that cover the full lifecycle of projects our team take on, including business case analysis, requirement gathering, planning, tracking, and communication.
- Build relationships with leaders and teams across the department to learn about their business, understand their strategic opportunities and challenges alike.
- Work with Global Data beneficiaries and technical development teams to evaluate new project requests for sponsorship.
- Organize and report on the health of ongoing initiatives and the capacity of executing teams.
- Build upon an existing understanding of financial products and leverage familiarity with data management processes to develop innovative solutions to everyday business challenges.
- Synthesize feedback and empirical evidence using business intelligence to set direction and strategy for the technical development of the Global Data teams and their data sets.
- Communicate effectively and report on the business impact of a project using both quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Operate independently, taking ownership of requirements gathering, design, implementation, and timely delivery of solutions that add incremental business value.
- Establish a center of excellence for operational analysis, project management artifacts, and communication methods.
- Actively conduct process analysis and process engineering evaluations across business-lines.
- Drive strategic development of business intelligence datasets to support more data-driven prioritization techniques.
Successful applicants will possess a strong combination of these:
- B.A./ B.Sc. in Business Analytics or related field of study and/or professional work experience in the area of process analysis and data management.
- Familiarity with Project Management paradigms such as Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Agile/Scrum, including Program Increment (PI) structures.
- Experience managing technical projects with direct and/or indirect stakeholders.
- Demonstrable business and process analysis skills, preferably applied to the Data Management industry.
- Ability to build partnerships across an organization and interface/facilitate interactions with both engineering and business counterparts through effective communication.
- Ability to translate high-level business goals into actionable deliverables, with well-defined roadmaps and timelines.
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment, executing on immediate tasks while maintaining a long-term outlook.
- Great team player attitude, focusing on delivering value for the department through effective collaboration.
- Experience in mitigating change management risk.
- Sound technical understanding, with the ability to analyze data programmatically using SQL, common Business Intelligence (BI) toolkits (e.g. Qlik Sense, Tableau, Jupyter Notebook) and Excel.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.