APAC Accounts Payable Representative (12 Month Contract)
Posted Jun 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 91773
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation, which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business successfully, but maintaining strong control over Accounts Payable is among the most crucial. We are the team to ensure that company's payables are legitimate and accurate, and we provide a professional customer service to internal and external stakeholders, as well as consistently maintain controls. In this role you will be working on various aspects of Accounts Payable processing in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Our team manage relationships with internal and external partners to accurately and promptly deal with payments to all Asia-Pacific vendors across many lines of businesses.
We are looking for someone with a love of all things Finance who possesses great attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills. You will be responsible for processing invoices, running ad-hoc tasks, controls and projects assigned to you and to provide a positive experience for those you work with.
You have the ability to balance high workload yet understand the importance of controls. You have excellent communication and prioritization skills, an ability to present ideas about process improvements and to question status quo. You thrive in a dynamic, open-plan, team environment, and you know what customer service really means.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain Purchase Ledger for Asia-Pacific region
- Process high volume of invoices and propose ideas to drive automation
- Collaborate confidently with a range of people at various levels within the organization in order to drive efficiencies in processes and achieve targets
- Ensure invoices are compliant, and that they are allocated to the accurate department, company code, vendor, Purchase Order (where applicable), and tax code
- Expertly take care of various internal partners and vendor queries on a timely manner, including responses to payment related issues
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines for ad hoc accounting tasks, projects and controls
- Learn, monitor and handle internal processes at departmental level, troubleshot errors and be accountable to deliver to stakeholders, vendors and management with excellence service
- Be a great teammate, participating willingly and acting in support of the Global Accounting Operations business unit and the overall business objectives
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent experience
- Ideally have work experience in Accounts Payable or equivalent for at least 3-5 years
- Invoice processing knowledge
- Effective corporate communications skills, both mutual and writing
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Flexibility within a constantly changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in using SAP
- Fluency in English, and/or Cantonese, Mandarin
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation or Electronic Data Interchange
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status