Bloomberg On-Site Support Team Leader
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jun 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 91802
A trader can't access Bloomberg, telephone support can't fix the problem, they pass the problem to you. You visit the client locally, you use your initiative, you respond quickly and think on your feet. Within minutes, your troubleshooting skills have got the trader back up and working.
Bloomberg On-Site support provides internal and external customers with outstanding support. Our unwavering commitment to the principle that “customers come first” has allowed us to continually add more value to the company. We operate as Technical Account Managers when we are on site and make valuable contributions to our clients because of our expertise within Bloomberg working closely with other Bloomberg Technical Operations teams. We pride ourselves in offering top-notch customer solution focused service by being able to understand and pre-empt client needs as well as deliver personal, on-the-ground value and assistance spotting gaps and implementing changes. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other.
What's the role?
Bloomberg On-site Support is seeking a Team Leader for our Bloomberg On-Site Support team in San Francisco. In this role, you will have full responsibility of running our On-Site Support teams in San Francisco as well as Los Angeles. You will work towards developing a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and places a high value on providing quality customer service. Striving for excellence in both team productivity and customer happiness is at the heart of this position.
The role is to lead the team, working to oversee our customer support responsibilities, building efficiency and consistency for our service offerings in the region. You will collaborate with other Bloomberg departments and teams around the world such as supply chain, COMS, NETs to make sure we keep evolving with internal partners and peers. You will partner with our sales teams to maintain client coverage and ensure premium customer service.
We’ll trust you to:
- Set clear goals and achieve the expected result, whilst communicating regional, dept. and firm vision
- Ensure that your team’s performance is on track to meet departmental goals across multiple metric categories such as productivity and quality
- Develop each team member's knowledge, skills, and talents through mentoring and constructive feedback, establishing the foundation for a successful career at Bloomberg
- Empower your team to innovate and challenge traditional thinking on how to best solve client issues
- Motivate reps to perform at the peak of their potential and build team spirit
- Possess an ability to give clear, constructive and actionable feedback
- Possess an ability to collaborate across multiple departments
- Drive business critical projects in Customer Support
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrate people management, project management and change management skills
- Experience working in a team
- focused, collaborative environment
- Ability to quickly prioritize and take appropriate actions in handling escalated cases
- Proven excellence in customer service
- Strong relationship building and communication skills (written and verbal/ internal and external)
- A keen desire to lead and mentor people
- Experience with Windows OS, Android/IOS, Desktop Support, SAP
- Network experience to include TCP/IP, LAN's, WAN's, Routers
- An understanding of Wan/Telco/Circuits
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.