South/Southeast Asia Government News Team Leader - Singapore
Posted Jun 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 91806
Bloomberg News is seeking a dynamic journalist to lead a team that breaks news and provides compelling instant analysis and long-form features on politics, geopolitics and policy-making across a region that takes in 30% of the world's population.
This fast-paced job means handling everything from just-in headlines to ambitious enterprise stories from Southeast Asia, South Asia and Australia.
You will work closely with teams and bureaus around the world, including our economy and company news teams, to break news that helps Bloomberg readers shape their assessments of political risk. You will work across platforms from the terminal to Bloomberg Television to QuickTake videos aimed primarily at a digital audience.
You will develop compelling stories that follow the money and explain clearly to a global audience how political developments impact businesses and markets.
You will be a strong collaborator with the managerial skills to oversee a team spread across multiple countries and time zones.
We'll trust you to:
- Identify key political themes for our readers
- Drive coverage that has impact
- Develop a culture of breaking news
- Deliver clean copy with speed and accuracy
- Produce a steady stream of high-quality feature stories
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years minimum of business journalism experience
- Proven ability to manage a team spread across multiple countries
- Previous Experience editing quickly and accurately under pressure
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of Asian security and economic issues
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.