Equity Capital Markets Analyst
Posted Jun 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 91817
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal -- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets! We’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Our diverse team hosts a variety of technical skills, analytical minds, and entrepreneurial spirits. We are looking for people with passion to learn, innovate, teach and build. We do our best work together – and we hope that you’ll join us.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company equity capital market themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients (bookrunners, managers, legal firms)
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence – founding the backbone of our Equity functionality
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 4 years of work experience in data analysis or financial market research specifically related to Equity Capital Markets or Investment Banking
- Experience with Front-Office data and workflow design is a must.
- Working experience with Oracle, SQL or Python
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt within a multifaceted environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.