Data Specialist - ESG Performance Scores
Posted Jul 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 91960
Bloomberg runs on data and data drives the market. At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is increasingly crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis alone. Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital, and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify emerging risks and opportunities. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics, and proprietary scores. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into their workflows.
You're the type of person who looks beyond the headline with a keen eye for the details because you know how data inspires market trends, breaking news, and analysis. At Bloomberg, we are building priority ES performance scores, and we will need you to help research different industry standards and materiality of different sectors, helping bring transparency to the opaque landscape of ESG ratings. You will contribute to ensuring superior quality of our environmental and social data set. With this, you will help our clients understand our priority scores and integrate these scores into their portfolios. Come see how you can empower smarter and more sustainable business!
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Manage large and complex data projects related to ESG datasets, timelines and deliverables
- Prioritize and manage multiple Environmental and Social data projects across quality and coverage initiatives, including procuring new content to enhance our product, ensuring the quality of the data
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases
- Apply problem-solving and data analysis skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies to improve our processes
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries and meet with clients to understand their corporate ESG data needs
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS with strong academic standing
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the ESG market, with 2 or more years of experience working in an ESG or sustainability-related role
- Interest in research and analysis of ESG issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly client management
- Keen interest in data management, technology and product development
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly, manage time and resources efficiently
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
We’d love to see:
- ESG-related education such as an Environmental Management, Sustainability Management or Sustainable Finance degree
- ESG related certification CFA ESG examination, SASB FSA certification, etc.
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming for example Excel, SQL, and/or Python
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Ability to prepare concise presentations for results of analysis and decision-making information
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.