Alternative Data Product Manager - CTO Office
New York, NY
Posted Jul 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 92037
The Bloomberg CTO Office is the future-looking technical arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware and applications that interface in all aspects of the company including financial products, broadcast and media, data centers, internal IT and our global network. We are passionate about what we do.
What we do:
The CTO Data Science department is a dynamic, collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment - the work is always exciting and the problems we tackle are never boring. From this department we guide the company's overall strategic direction for machine learning, natural language processing, and search throughout the entire business. We are transforming our business through these technologies as well as the insights we provide our customers across the global financial sector.
At Bloomberg, our systems ingest hundreds of billions of market data ticks and millions of curated news stories for financial players to process and make investment decisions. The CTO Data Science department's machine learning efforts enhance our clients' ability to find the right pieces of information that are necessary to succeed in their jobs.
What’s in it for you:
Alternative data is driving an exciting wave of transformational innovation throughout the investment community. The number of alternative datasets continues to grow rapidly, leading to ever greater demands for solutions that enable clients to harness these datasets in their investment workflows.
Bloomberg is committed to being the leading provider of best-in-class alternative datasets and solutions to our clients. We are uniquely positioned to solve many of the problems that investors face when utilizing alternative data. In this role you will be at the heart of driving Bloomberg’s strategy and product development in the alternative data space. You will be asked to manage the development of innovative new tools and technologies that have the potential to transform the industry. You will take an ownership mentality of the products that our team builds from inception through to delivery.
You’ll need to have:
- A deep knowledge of how alternative data is utilized in the investment process
- Direct experience in building products that enable clients (external or internal) to derive value from alternative datasets
- 3+ years in the alternative data space
- 7+ years in an investment-related role
- A strong understanding of the various technologies utilized by stakeholders in the alternative data space
- A vision for how the alternative data landscape will evolve
- The ability to think creatively and strategically about how to build the most valuable solutions required to drive innovation in the space
We’d like to see:
- A proven passion for driving alternative data usage in the investment community
- A strong network of relationships within the alternative data community
- Experience with Python
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.