Global Product Manager - Securities Pricing Applications
New York, NY
Posted Jul 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 92101
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business we're all about capturing, analyzing, and enriching data that our customers depend on.
Our team is on the front line! We work hard to build the preeminent platform for Over-the-Counter ("OTC") Market Data distribution and consumption - connecting thousands of security pricing providers with hundreds of thousands of clients across dozens of workflows/use cases.
We work with experienced engineering teams, content specialists, content strategists, support, and sales to build new technologies that offer our data providers intelligent means to distribute high quality OTC Pricing data, allow our internal teams to manage that content effectively, and allow our mutual clients to consume and derive value from that data.
We’re looking for a seasoned Product Manager to define how we make our OTC Pricing data better for our clients at global scale by 1) offering our clients new ways to consume OTC Pricing content and 2) offering internal stakeholders business intelligence tools to derive new insights to improve content quality.
You understand what matters to users of market data across their diverse use-cases. You are passionate about building products and establishing industry relationships that enable Bloomberg to deliver differentiated and high-quality data at global scale. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know-how to leverage technology to create meaningful and efficient solutions for our clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and drive a strategic vision for Bloomberg’s OTC Market Data dealer pricing display platforms that meaningfully impacts Bloomberg sales and retention
- Develop and drive a strategic vision for Bloomberg’s OTC Market Data business intelligence and data engineering tools that enable global Bloomberg teams to improve data management (again, to meaningfully impact Bloomberg sales and retention)
- Serve as the focal point between sales, content specialists, support, and engineering to enhance and improve data quality and breadth of our coverage
- Effectively manage and communicate product vision, strategy, measurement/reporting, prioritization, and backlog
- Use qualitative and quantitative discovery techniques to measurably solve hard problems
- Follow technology trends and developments in the data, product management, and financial markets spaces
You’ll need to have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a Product Management role
- A Bachelor’s degree or similar practical experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrated ability to conduct user research and surface insights that lead to commercial outcomes
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills (in particular, experience conducting product discovery by analyzing operational/ usage data and by interviewing users)
- Experience setting and executing against product metrics/ OKRs
- Superior customer service, negotiation, and relationship management skills
- Ability to be as much ‘all hands on deck’ as you are ‘get it done’
- Experience working with Scrum/ Agile methodology
- Interest in financial markets
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
Product Management GD