Senior Media Engineer - Media Streaming Platform
New York, NY
Posted Aug 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 92150
Media Streaming Platform Team specializes in providing live and on-demand media solutions for Bloomberg Professional Services and beyond. Our team builds comprehensive suite of media tools and services for end-to-end media workflows. We delivers market driven multimedia content to our customers with interactive user experience at industry leading low latency.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Full Stack Video Engineer to join our team to contribute to expanding our rich set of media applications and services. Your main focus will be the development and deployment of audio/video features to extend our platform. This work demands knowledge of audio/video encoding, packaging and streaming, and close collaboration with multiple partners such as Product, UX design, VX, Network, and other engineering teams.
There is a lot of opportunity to research, innovate and think outside the box. This is a very exciting opportunity because of the visibility and impact of these client-facing applications.
- Integrate DRM protection with both of live and on-demand content
- Extend media streaming capability with cloud storage
- Improve the quality of media playback
- Research innovative ways to serve client requirements with real time media
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to innovate and contribute to build and extend Media Products and Infrastructure
- Opportunity to work on High Impact and Challenging problems in building Media Infrastructure
- Opportunity to be a part of a select few teams responsible for Multimedia and Real Time Communication on the Bloomberg Terminal
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of proven experience building backend services using C++ or Java
- Experience with media container formats (mp4, webm), codecs and streaming protocols (MSS, DASH, HLS)
- Experience working with ffmpeg
- Experience using distributed streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Experience with network and data transfer protocols
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We would love to see:
- Experience with cloud storage
- Experience with DRM
- Experience working with open source toolkits like Bento4 and WebRTC
- Experience with real time streaming protocols like RTSP, RTMP, RTP and RTCP
- Experience with Python Django and nginx
- Any open source contributions
- Experience with Mobile Media stack
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, please apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus