Enterprise Data - Regulatory Product Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jul 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 92321
The Bloomberg Enterprise Regulatory and Accounting Group is seeking a highly focused and motivated financial markets professional to join its team. The team is responsible for identifying, creating and designing Regulatory, Accounting and Tax related solutions using Bloomberg's proprietary analytics and industry-leading database.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a deep understanding of the current regulatory landscape, namely bank capital adequacy requirements and credit, market and liquidity risk management to contribute to the continued growth of Bloomberg regulatory product offering.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the development of the Regulatory and Accounting Products business strategies.
Responsibilities will include enhancing, maintaining and supporting Bloomberg's Regulatory product offerings. This individual will also focus on quality control and client supports on existing and new product offerings and will be encouraged to build creative solutions for automated testing and data quality assurance, constantly looking to improve the quality of our products.
We'll trust you to:
- Ensure the highest quality of products that we offer by implementing and performing dynamic quality control procedures
- Work closely with product managers, and engineering team to develop and enhance new and existing regulatory product offerings by researching and analyzing market/regulatory data
- Discuss and provide answers on complex regulatory interpretation with colleagues and clients
- Partner with sales in presenting and on-boarding regulatory solutions to our clients
- Research potential new product offerings with a focus on creating actionable items for development
- Stay up to date with evolving global regulations and be able to identify data opportunities and translate in product requirements
- Play the role of SME in meetings with market professionals to help drive sales
- Participate in BBG/industry events and help grow Bloomberg's profile as credible partner for Regulatory data solutions
You'll need to have:
- Extensive knowledge of financial data or regulation landscape
- Strong technical abilities with demonstrated experience learning and navigating complex systems, including databases and analytical models
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication/client facing skills
- Detail-oriented with solid analytic skills
- Proficiency in Python/SQL/VBA/R is a strong plus
- Commitment to enhancing and supporting existing products
- Strong understanding of Bloomberg data is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.