Enterprise Data - Regulatory Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jul 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 92361
The Bloomberg Enterprise Regulatory and Accounting Group is seeking a highly focused and motivated financial markets professional to join its team. The team is responsible for identifying, creating and designing Regulatory, Accounting and Tax related solutions using Bloomberg's proprietary analytics and industry-leading database.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a deep understanding of the current global regulatory landscape and to contribute to the continued growth of Bloomberg regulatory product offering.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the development of the Regulatory and Accounting Products business strategies.
- Research potential new product offerings with a focus on creating actionable items for development
- Stay up to date with evolving global regulations and be able to identify data opportunities and translate in product requirements
- Specify product requirements and drive product development across stakeholders (Engineering, Operations, Support, QA team)
- Manage development prioritization, and backlog by continually addressing business needs through an agile process
- Define appropriate metrics and plan for execution in conjunction with stakeholders
- Ability to experiment through active client engagement and turn ideas into product prototypes in order to test appetite and obtain feedback from clients
- Work closely with Global Data and other Bloomberg Product Teams
- Prepare documentation of methodologies and training across teams
- Coordinate sales efforts and define go-to-marketing strategy for the product and any related data offerings as part of our One Data offering
- Bring strong SME in meetings with clients, regulators, industry working groups and other market professionals to help drive sales
- Participate in BBG/industry events and help grow Bloomberg's profile as credible partner for Regulatory data solutions
- Maintain regular contact with industry participants, auditors, regulators and clients
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities and ongoing product increments
- Produce appropriate marketing and client facing materials
- Contribute to ongoing team business planning process
- CFA or equivalent preferred
- Banking industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of existing and developing regulations such as: Basel/FRTB, IBOR transition, SEC/Dodd-Frank, etc.
- Big Four experience is a plus
- Deep understanding of capital markets
- Demonstrable understanding of client use-cases for risk and regulatory data
- Highly motivated with excellent communication skills
- Strong relationships with industry groups, regulators and/or accounting firms
- Highly detail-oriented with solid analytic skills
- Commitment to developing new and enhancing existing products
- Strong track record of meeting defined success metrics
- Experience working with Agile and product management preferred
- Understanding of clients' workflow, risk, front office, valuation, etc.
- Experience with OTC derivatives is a plus
- Consultative mindset
- Proficient in Python, R and SQL
- Comfortable with large datasets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.