Legal Data Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jun 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 92376
Thinking about an alternative legal career? Bloomberg Law offers an opportunity to advance and develop your legal career through a distinctive, non-traditional path. This role allows you to blend your passion for the law with technology, business, and data analysis. Bloomberg Law is dependent upon our legal data analysts to use their legal domain knowledge, critical thinking and strategic approach to build excellent products.
As a member of the Legal Data Analysis team, you will align closely with both our business and engineering teams to help drive product development and ensure data accuracy in Bloomberg Law’s initiatives. We apply our robust legal domain knowledge, project management skills and sharp attention to detail to annotate, analyze and evaluate legal datasets including court opinions, court briefs and contractual provisions. The team's work is critical in supporting feature developments that use artificial intelligence and machine learning including Points of Law, Brief Analyzer and Draft Analyzer. This role will give the opportunity to display your enthusiasm, problem-solving and organizational skills, ability to collaborate, and flexibility in pivoting between projects in a fast-paced environment. This position can be located in either New York or Princeton NJ.
What's in it for you:
- Contribute to the Bloomberg Law platform by supporting the development of new technology-driven solutions for the legal professionals.
- You’ll belong to a team responsible for management of data tagging and evaluation of model outputs as well as user acceptance testing, vendor management, and quality assurance, among other things.
- You’ll build relationships through Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment where you will work with engineering, among others, to ensure proper understanding of an attorney’s workflow and validate product builds.
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities.
You’ll need to have:
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Passed a state Bar examination and been admitted.
- Minimum of 1-3 years relevant practice experience.
- Familiarity with online legal research tools. Experience with the BLAW product is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including sophisticated concepts effectively.
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter and the ability to work with a high-degree of autonomy.
- Interest in technology and development of technical skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.