Senior Front End Engineer - Bloomberg Second Measure Applications
San Francisco, CA
Posted Aug 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 92442
Bloomberg Second Measure is a leading provider of data analytics that deliver valuable insights into company performance and consumer behavior. Using data from billions of anonymized transactions, we have created self-service analytics products for daily tracking and real-time exploration of 5,200+ public and private companies. Clients use our product to discover new markets, gain an advantage in financial investments, and inform their competitive strategies. Second Measure was acquired by Bloomberg in 2020.
As a frontend engineer at Bloomberg Second Measure, you will be a critical member of the team responsible for enabling our clients to make sense of rich transaction data. Your software will reliably and accurately present the output of our pipeline, which processes billions of transactions and provides daily updates, so that our high value clients can formulate their marketing and investment strategies.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with designers to develop novel data visualizations.
- Work closely with data scientists to develop new features for our flagship web product.
- Apply industry best practices in order to ensure our platform is flexible and scalable.
- Act as a core member of the engineering team, working independently to proactively identify and address opportunities to improve our culture and systems.
You’ll Need to Have:
- 5+ years of practical experience architecting and building React/Redux applications in a production environment with a working knowledge of Typescript
- 5+ years of experience building data visualization focused products (using D3, C3, Recharts, Highcharts).
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Experience with CSS-in-JS (styled-components), CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS, and JS bundlers like Webpack.
- Experience building and maintaining component libraries
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, responsive design, website performance, and accessibility.
- Experience with documentation, unit and integration testing
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
Nice to have:
- Experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Kustomize.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.