Senior Software Engineer - Project Management Applications
New York, NY
Posted Aug 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 92598
Our Financial Product Project Management System is an application used to track high-profile revenue-generating projects for our clients. The system is crucial in creating consistency and efficiency in execution of hundreds of projects a year and we've continuously iterated to support additional project types and workflows.
We're looking for new team members as we expand to a web client-facing version of our system. Our goal is to give our top tier clients direct access to view and update these projects and collaborate with us in real-time. Through this initiative, we will continue developing new features in our existing Bloomberg application to accommodate more complex workflows for our internal users. We'll then create a sleek, intuitive web experience using React, Flask and other web technologies, specifically for our clients. As we further understand these workflows, we'll then build automation and intelligent notification systems to further improve the experience for both our clients and internal stakeholders. Furthermore, even as we iterate quickly and constantly, we'll continue maintaining a high standard of software best practices and ensure our system can scale to accommodate the growth of our user base.
As part of this team, we'll trust you to:
- Be versatile - you will work on both web application (React, Flask) and existing Bloomberg application (Typescript, Python and PostgreSQL)
- Be the owner of the product – you will work closely with the business to build a strong product
- Be a solid team player - you can expect to work with others in a highly, collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you'll think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate - you're passionate about our technology, product and diverse set of users
- Be proactive - you'll contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our development flow
You'll need to have:
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Professional experience developing full-stack web applications (Frontend/UI, Middle Layer Services and Database Backend)
- 3+ years of experience building REST APIs using Node.js or Python or C# .Net Core
- 3+ years of experience with relational SQL databases
- Interest in expanding your skill set beyond traditional web technologies and environment (Linux-based applications)
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.