Bloomberg Intelligence - ESG Carbon Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Aug 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 93427
Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) provides Terminal users with in-depth analysis, commentary and data sets on over 135 industries and 2,000 companies across ten major sectors - as well as the government, credit and litigation factors that impact decision making.
Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing recommendations - by investment professionals, for investment professionals. That's intelligence our clients can count on.
Climate change, regulatory pressures and the importance of human capital are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research and data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis. By helping to integrate ESG concepts and data across Bloomberg Intelligence’s research we can help clients gain insight into the potential direction of a company, industry, or market.
We are looking for a highly-motivated research analyst to join our team, focusing on the expansion and automation of Bloomberg Intelligence’s Carbon Scores and the development of climate-specific research and data.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your ESG and climate-related knowledge to expand and automate BI’s Carbon Scores.
- Publish market-leading research that focuses on climate-related themes, and embeds BI Carbon data and models.
- Research industry specific benchmarks and develop associated carbon forecasting and scoring models.
- Plan, coordinate, and review the development of company-specific carbon forecast models.
- Create and maintain database of publicly stated targets to drive updates, new scores, and BI’s Carbon Neutral Basket.
- Assist in the development of additional climate-related data and models, including value at risk, cost of carbon, temperature scenarios, and physical risk.
- Expand our market-driven climate and clean tech research, to further develop thematic investment portfolio, models and indices.
You'll need to have:
- Four or more years of ESG research experience, with significant exposure to climate-related data and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks and the ability to examine financial materiality associated with climate-related risks and opportunities, and the metrics used to measure performance.
- Understanding of key scientific, policy, and market developments related to climate that continue to shape corporate action and investment decisions.
- Knowledge of broader financial markets.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis.
- Extraordinary primary research and writing skills.
- Knowledge of advanced finance and accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to be a self-starter, independent-thinker, and collaborative team-player.
- Working knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal.
We'd love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder.
- Knowledge of quantitative modelling, statistical analysis, and programming.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.