Data Analyst, Third Party Market Benchmarks
Posted Aug 24, 2021 - Requisition No. 93545
Bloomberg runs on data, and as the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it, adding value and providing that value to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal. We identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes-and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Third Party Indices Market Benchmarks Team supports Bloomberg’s suite of Indices to fulfill all of our clients’ benchmarking needs. In addition to establishing and maintaining our strong relationships with Third Party Index data providers, the Market Benchmarks team is dedicated to developing the most efficient ways to ensure our data acquisition, data processing and data delivery mechanisms are accurate, timely and meet Bloomberg’s highest quality standards.
What’s the role?
The Third Party Indices Market Benchmarks Team is looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for finance, relationship management, data process analysis, and project management.
As a Data Analyst, you will be leveraging the Global Data Tech Stack and internal workflow tools to update data. You will have a forward-looking eye on finding and implementing data processing efficiencies leveraging innovative technical solutions. You will be expected to learn the Index domain through experiencing our workflows first-hand and participating in our customer service queue. In addition, you will work closely with our Index data providers, our internal engineering team and our product stakeholders to continue our efforts related to Index onboarding, establishing effort-appropriate timeliness and quality KPIs and SLAs, relationship management, error diagnostics and remediation.
We’ll trust you to:
- Relationship management – both internal (team colleagues, cross-department, Engineering and Business Stakeholders) and external (Index data providers and Bloomberg Terminal users)
- Analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions (e.g., build prototypes that illustrate and validate requirements)
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products, particularly for the Bloomberg Professional Service
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data set
- Develop your career through sharpening your industry, technical and project management skills
- Bring and build subject matter expertise in the various asset classes of Indices
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies Finance, Information Systems, or related STEM field
- Experience and/or interest in how indices are leveraged by Bloomberg users
- Work both independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Commitment to enhancing and developing data products
- Customer focused mindset
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Financial interest and knowledge including knowledge or experience in Index products
- Experience with Unix, JIRA, SQL, and Github
- Agile/Scrum Project Management experience
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.