BloombergNEF Decentralized Energy Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Aug 24, 2021 - Requisition No. 93560
We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated individual to join our Decentralized Energy analyst team in New York. You’re someone with a keen interest in innovation and disruption and have a flair for forming original opinions on complex topics. You are comfortable with thinking both quantitatively and qualitatively and have the ability to communicate your ideas to a broad audience. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds.
You will be based in our New York office, working as part of our Decentralized Energy analyst team at BloombergNEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum.
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
- Together with team members, and other analyst, you will identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and produce written reports and data sets on the findings
- You will frequently collaborate with the sales team in building new audiences for your analysis
- You will be working with colleagues and clients based around the world
We'll trust you to:
- Become an expert on decentralization of the energy sector, providing insights on the changing roles of energy companies and consumers, and the uptake of new energy technologies
- Get quickly up to speed on the growing role of rooftop solar, electric vehicles, batteries, demand response and virtual power plants in the power system
- Think critically and cut through the noise of quantitative and qualitative information to form original, defensible opinions
- Collaborate closely with analysts across the company to create new tools and data sets to track the development of distributed energy
- Communicate your ideas effectively through various publication platforms, presentations and discussions
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry to gather information and insight on the sector
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
You'll need to have:
- A degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline
- Curiosity and the willingness to learn quickly as new subjects grow in importance
- A passion for problem solving and an aptitude for logic
- The ability to form original opinions based on qualitative and quantitative information
- Highly effective verbal, visual and written communication
- The collaborative skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues from a range of countries and backgrounds
- Fluency in English
WE’D LOVE TO SEE:
- A demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for clean energy
- Knowledge of the NA power and utilities sector
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.