News Writer (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 95148
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Role: We are looking for an experienced broadcast news writer who can handle both general and business news. You will summarize the top stories of the day, and use video and sound where appropriate.
We'll trust you to:
- Have excellent news judgment
- Be able to take complicated material, and write it accurately and concisely
- Thrive in a high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines every hour
You'll need to have:
- At least three years of experience writing business and national and international news stories
- Experience on ENPS newsroom system or something similar such as i-News
- Ability to work overnight hours when needed
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.