Podcast Producer (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 95263
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to reinventing live events.
Bloomberg is expanding its audio offerings and looking for a driven and creative senior producer to drive the creation of an ambitious new weekly podcast focused on the lessons that business failures teach us, expected to premiere later this year, hosted by Bloomberg Opinion Executive Editor Tim O’Brien. The senior producer will work exclusively on this show, in collaboration with a small audio team, and alongside reporters and editors in Bloomberg’s wider newsroom. They will work under the guidance of a supervising producer who oversees several shows, and report directly to the head of podcasts.
- Help set tone and agenda for show
- Record, script and edit episodes
- Cut tape and assemble sessions in Adobe Audition
- Helps plan story arcs and show schedule.
- Manage a demanding production schedule
- Research, plan and book story segments;
- Suggest and research guests and topics
- Do original reporting and own interviews
- Record interviews conducted by host
- Coordinate with the wider podcast team, reporters and editors in the newsroom, and other stakeholders.
- A sharp editorial ear
- Excellent news judgment
- 3-5 years of experience in audio editing or production
- Skilled in Adobe Audition and/or Protools
If this sounds like you:
Aapply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.