New York, NY
Posted Sep 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 95265
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking Senior Accountant in Corporate Accounting to support the Regulatory Controllers group. The team provides critical accounting and financial services to Bloomberg’s electronic trading platform and back office services provider. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to perform a unique blend of accounting and reporting functions for a fast-paced and cutting-edge business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for day-to-day operational and accounting support for designated legal entities
- Be responsible for month-end close processes including revenue review, expense/accrual analysis, variance analysis, and preparation of journal entries
- Be responsible for operational processes including invoice tracking, manual wire processing, and intercompany agreements compliance
- Prepare monthly/quarterly P&L and balance sheet analysis and board packages with explanations and research on variances
- Prepare quarterly/semi-annual/annual regulatory reports that are filed with the regulatory bodies in US or foreign jurisdictions
- Compile annual audited financial statements with related footnotes in accordance with US GAAP or IFRS
- Assist with year-end audits, ensuring all necessary work is performed, auditors’ questions and follow-up items are addressed
- Communicate and collaborate with various business partners which includes business operational teams, business unit CFOs, FP&A and other accounting and tax teams
- Keep internal controls documentation up-to-date and ensuring controls are operating effectively
- Identify and implement process improvements to build efficiencies and strengthen internal controls
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of relevant accounting and reporting experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred or CPA parts passed mandatory
- A combination of private and public accounting with a minimum of 3 years required in public accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Strong quantitative, data manipulation skills, and ability to work with large data sets while succinctly summarizing conclusions
- Ability to communicate effectively with superiors and colleagues; verbally and written.
- Team player with ability to change priorities as needed and willingness to help others
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong professional ethics
We’d love to see:
- Experience in financial services industry (broker dealer) or any regulated industry
- Experience in FOCUS or overseas regulatory reporting
- Proficiency in SAP or similar accounting system
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.