Data Specialist - Fixed Income
Posted Sep 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 95373
You are the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that drives news and analysis. You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You are just the sort of person we are looking for to join Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. In Global Data, we are responsible for onboarding, analyzing, and supplying data to answer our clients’ most pressing questions. Our products are responsible for the full lifecycle of data relating to Corporate Bonds and Loans including Fixed Income Corporate Actions.
Whether you are sourcing relevant market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will ensure that we deliver accurate market data to the financial world first!
What you can expect from this opportunity:
Bloomberg Global Data is looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to develop and expand the scope of Bloomberg's Corporate Bond and Loans Products. You will be part of a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for new issuance and corporate actions of either Corporate Bonds or Syndicated Loans. Analysts within the team are in constant communication with Syndicate Desks and other market participants who are bringing new deals to market. You will play a key role in producing financial content, calculations, research notes and analyses for our clients using the Bloomberg Terminal, while also inspiring news content that empowers our clients to make the right decisions. Demonstrating a commitment to learning and a passion for the Fixed Income industry is required.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build positive and accountable relationships with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders of the Fixed Income product (including buy- and sell-side firms)
- Obtain an understanding of the workflows designed to deliver class-leading quality while meeting or exceeding the timeliness demands of the market
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement solutions and frameworks to enhance our processes, software, and data offerings
- Maintain the existing proprietary database
- Enhance the relationships of our Terminal users to provide subject matter expertise by quickly and accurately answering client inquiries
- Integrate your natural interests and strengths with the Fixed Income product to add value beyond data acquisition and remediation. Explore new strengths and opportunities by upskilling.
- Support product development
You’ll need you to have:
- Relevant experience in a role within the financial markets, data analysis, information technology, credit document analysis, or research
- 2+ years of work experience is highly preferred
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Effective research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication, customer service, and teamwork skills
- An interest in technology (Python, SQL, etc) and data analysis
- Ability to spot market trends and act on them to enhance depth and breadth of coverage
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.