Senior Software Engineer - Travel & Expense Engineering
New York, NY
Posted Mar 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 95451
This position can sit in either our Princeton NJ or NYC office.
The Bloomberg Travel & Expense Engineering team has an exciting opportunity to continue to build and enhance the Travel and Expense suite. You will play a key role in helping the team implement and add new features to a newly build system using a new tech stack and microservices architecture. You will also help the team to use machine learning to further enhance the user experience and automate the workflows for users.
The Travel & Expense system is a complete suite of end-user facing and back-end functionalities that enables all Bloomberg employees to manage their business-related expenses and reimbursements. You will work closely with the end-users to blueprint and deliver end-user process interactions and influence the design of integrations with several external data sources, like American Express, MasterCard, Uber, Lyft, etc. By creating automated expense filing capabilities utilizing rules, heuristics, and machine learning the new Travel and Expense system will make it easier for employees to file expenses. Further modules will include tools to enable a smooth accounting process, auditing process, as well as, management reporting.
What’s the role?
You’ll be working with a talented team of technologists and product owners to help design and implement a user-friendly system that handles complex business logic to meet local regulatory and compliance requirements.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll get to work on building out high-performance, fault-tolerant, and real-time distributed systems
- You’ll get to learn and have a chance to work with multiple industry-leading technologies such as Kafka, Redis, and building out new services using python 3.x on Linux.
- You will have access to Bloomberg University’s vast training resources where you can learn everything from machine learning to how financial markets work.
- You’ll be a part of a mission-driven organization that values the safety and transparency of financial markets, and the ideals of service and philanthropy.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate in an agile, multidisciplinary, fast-paced team
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development, and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server side
- Explore and evaluate the value of new and emerging web technologies
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with any RDBM system like PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Experience with working on distributed systems
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment (unit testing frameworks like Unitest, Autotest, Pytest, etc.)
- Experience using Git as the source control system
- Ability to quickly embrace and master new technologies and put them into practice
- Passion for solving problems for end-users
- BA, BS, MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with Redis and Kafka
- Familiarity with Node.js & React.js
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, using Jira
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.