Market Workflow Specialist - Commodity Trading - Enterprise Sales
New York, NY
Posted Sep 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 95479
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You’ll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people! It gives us the edge.
What's the role?
Bloomberg is looking for a qualified Commodity Trading Specialist to join our Market Workflow Specialist group. The team has deep asset class knowledge, deep understanding of client workflows and Bloomberg's product offerings. This is a client-facing, sales-oriented role, collaborating closely with various departments across Sales and Product teams to build and execute on strategies to retain maintain, and grow revenue.
Applicants should possess a deep body of knowledge and experience of Bloomberg clients’ needs and current use of our commodity offering, particularly as it relates to physical and financial commodity trading. The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
- An understanding of how our commodities data and analytics drive client engagement across Energy, Agriculture, and Metals.
- Specific expertise in Agriculture and Oil & refined products markets.
- Extensive contacts across the commodity complex.
- A good understanding of the Commodity Merchant business, as we seek to expand our footprint across Trading, Strategy, and Risk.
- Expertise with the relevant Bloomberg terminal analytics & data, as well as enterprise solutions.
Engagement with key financial players across the front, middle and back-office are vital in this role. This candidate must be a motivated self-starter, comfortable in a fast paced, client-driven environment, with excellent communication skills.
We'll trust you to:
- Utilize your strong product knowledge, technical skills, and market knowledge to generate revenue for our terminal business and suite of Enterprise products
- Understand the competitive landscape, market and industry trends, impact our product and how clients use our product as a result of those factors
- Establish a Go-To-Market Strategy of initiatives that align with product, sales, and corporate goals to define key performance indicators as well as maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Understand our products functionality, how your clients can and could use it, what challenges they face and how our product will solve for their challenges
- Understand the product pipeline, effectively communicate it to our customers, and help product prioritize and build through a Pre-Sales process
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product through thought leadership and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients providing feedback to product managers on user demand, market practices, and product improvements
- Communicate the strategy for your product and asset class to the sales forces within Bloomberg
- Improve transparency and be a uniting presence between product, sales, marketing, engineering, and specialist groups
- Provide webinars/seminars, internal training, produce collateral, and drive insights for client solutions that anticipate and address client needs
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancements
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service, and familiarity with other relevant market information platforms
- An extensive network of deep client relationships, and ties to applicable professional organizations, societies and associations
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
- Strong presentation and training skills with the ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- Excellent negotiating and inter-personal skills, with the capacity to influence decisions and deliver results in a timely manner
- Willingness to travel in continental North America
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.