Climate Finance Associate
New York, NY
Posted Sep 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 95563
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance, and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people, and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment. We also have great snacks!
As part of Bloomberg’s External Relations department, our Global Public Policy team is responsible for leading engagement with Government and Regulatory authorities in relation to policy formation impacting Bloomberg and our clients and leading the firm’s external climate finance initiatives.
Our team builds and maintains a broad network of partners and key decision makers – including clients, policymakers, and regulators – which we convene regularly to constructively feed into policy making processes and climate finance initiatives.
As part of this work, the Global Public Policy team leads the Secretariat for the Climate Finance Leadership Initiative (CFLI). The CFLI, formed by Michael R. Bloomberg at the request of the United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres, convenes leading companies to mobilize and scale private capital for climate solutions in emerging markets.
We also coordinate closely with the other key divisions of External Relations (Marketing and Communications), Bloomberg core business, Bloomberg Philanthropies as well as Legal and Compliance.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a Climate Finance Associate to join our team and support the work of the CFLI. This role will play a critical part in developing and executing CFLI’s country pilot initiative, a multi-year effort that seeks to accelerate efforts to unlock and mobilize private capital for sustainable infrastructure investments in emerging markets to accelerate the transition to net-zero. The role will support the day-to-day management and strategic direction of CFLI India, our first pilot country launched in partnership with the Indian and UK Governments, the City of London, and the Global Infrastructure Facility and leading private sector partners. This role will also support the development and launch of a series of country pilot platforms in emerging markets over the coming year. In addition, this role will work closely with Bloomberg clients and external partners, as well we build connectivity between CFLI’s work and Bloomberg’s core business and climate solutions offerings.
We’ll trust you to:
- Help drive the overall strategic direction of CFLI’s work by contributing to the generation of innovative climate finance-related concepts, investment ideas, and policy solutions
- Assist with the management of external partners, clients, and consultants, for major climate finance initiatives
- Support the day-to-day management of country-specific climate initiatives
- Build connective process between Bloomberg core business and External Relations climate finance initiatives
- Develop content such as presentations, memos, talking points, FAQs, to support our climate finance work across Bloomberg LP
- Represent Bloomberg externally in meetings with clients, partners, and consultants
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years experience working in financial services, public policy and climate/environmental subject areas with a solid understanding of capital markets
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals
- Excellent organizational abilities and can lead multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- The ability to balance immediate and long-term priorities, and handle own workload
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, strong negotiation and consensus building skills
- A critical eye for detail
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a focus or concentration in finance, sustainability, or related field
We’d love to see:
- Experience working in finance or financial services
- Experience working in and/or covering emerging markets
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, check out our CFLI website: https://www.bloomberg.com/cfli/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.