2021 Bloomberg Customer Support Representative Graduate Program (Mandarin Speaker)
Posted Sep 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 95629
Bloomberg ignites the power of information and technology to bring clarity to a sophisticated world. A global financial information and news leader that provides influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology and provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally.
In a career at Bloomberg, you will play a vital role in making it all happen. You will be joining a team of solution-finders, with a real passion for providing superb customer service in a fast-paced environment. Exciting. Surprising. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it is never dull. We are a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
What’s The Role?
Are you passionate about working in financial markets and by the prospect of providing technical support for the world's leading financial professionals? If so, join the Bloomberg Customer Support team, which is a key part of our Technology Services & Solutions business.
As a Bloomberg Customer Support professional, you are expected to provide fast and effective solutions to various client workflows and hardware/software issues while ensuring high level clients satisfaction.
You will be responsible for the installation, connection, hardware management and workflow support of terminal clients over the phone and via Bloomberg Instant Messaging. The position includes assisting fast-paced clients operating in Capital Markets, Asset Management and Financial Services by installing the Bloomberg software and configuring proprietary hardware, such as keyboards and biometrics. Moreover, as automation continues to grow in the industry, we are adapting to understand our clients’ technological needs. We tackle our clients’ software issues, and we understand how it relates to their workflows and asset-class needs. Working with critical information and highly sophisticated tools, we ensure the security of our clients’ accounts and data.
You will set-up, train, and connect our clients to the various Bloomberg products and platforms they subscribe to. You will be part of our diverse global team, supporting our clients collectively in more than 18 languages.
Who you are:
You come to work with a purpose, execute with a sense of urgency and client awareness, are curious and take pride in being customer service driven. You love being part of a team where clients count on you every day, and you challenge and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
What's in it for you?
We provide all new hires an 8-week long training program, which covers aspects such as an introduction to Bloomberg products and services, our clients, a broader insight into global financial markets, general daily inquiries, product setup and hardware, and troubleshooting.
You'll never stop learning...we'll invest in your career, and coupled with our unrivalled approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities in this role through project involvements. Our Bloomberg Technology Client Services specialists have the opportunity to be involved in mentoring, recruiting, quality control and idea generation.
You will have the opportunity to champion your career across the company or further develop your technical skills within the Technology Services and Solutions Business. Our alumni have a diversity of successful career paths to: Analytics & Sales, Enterprise Technology Services, Global Data, Compliance, Finance, Engineering as well as Advanced IT roles and Client Financial Services.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) and the ability to join 2021 class (Candidates graduating between June 2020 to September 2021)
- Business proficiency and fluency in English
- Business proficiency and fluency in Mandarin to manage respective clients
- Exposure in customer support/managing stakeholders from various profile through school, work, internship or extracurricular activities
- A demonstrable interest in financial markets or technology and the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry (example: course of degree or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities)
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve customer technology, software and hardware issues
- Strong critical-thinking, problem solving and solid attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- A customer service and solution-focused mindset with a high degree of interpersonal skills to deal exceptionally with client’s demands through live, interactive media (e.g. phone, messaging, etc.)
- The ability to multitask and work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- High level of resilience and ability to adapt to change
We’d love to see:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger global team
- Awareness of data management, privacy and information security
You'll need to be able to:
- Occasionally work weekends or on a bank holiday (weekday off in lieu)
This is an opportunity in our 2021 graduate hiring program.
Does this sound like you?
This is an entry level role. Apply if you think we're a good match. Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.