Enterprise Tech Reporter
San Francisco, CA
Posted Sep 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 95641
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest and most influential news organizations in the world. Our Global Technology team closely covers the companies and entrepreneurs that are changing the world and holds them accountable for their impact on it.
We're seeking a talented, aggressive and creative reporter to join our award-winning team on the enterprise hardware and software technology beat, from daily news to deeper, longer-term stories and projects covering themes that span geographies and industries. This includes fast-paced breaking news, video, graphics and data journalism as well as deeper investigative stories and projects on broader technology trends.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
You're an experienced, agile reporter with a deep knowledge of the technology industry and its most important companies, products and trends. You have an eye for the stories no one else is telling on a broad-ranging beat that is filled with innovative and dynamic companies and executives. You have an insider’s understanding of the software, personal computer and cloud computing industries, whose products make up the foundations of the digital economy. You have a talent for cutting through jargon and clearly explaining the nuances, relationships and rivalries of this important beat.
You’re versatile enough to write for a variety of platforms, including the web, Bloomberg Terminal and Bloomberg Businessweek magazine. You are also able to react quickly and write clearly and crisply on the most pressing breaking news of the day, be it the release of a new product, a plummeting or soaring stock price, a management overhaul or a transformative acquisition. You're the type of reporter who has a knack for finding scoops and quickly coming up with original ideas and smart analysis on that news to keep our readers a step ahead of the market. You feel equally comfortable writing quick-turnaround stories that will serve our everyday customers as you do carefully researching and crafting complex, long-form narratives that bring new ideas to light and have a strong and lasting impact.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Cover breaking news with speed and accuracy
- Break news and write original, feature-length stories about the companies and culture at the center of the enterprise hardware and software industry, and the forces that are reshaping the industry and disrupting the companies and people in power
- Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to generate intelligent, impactful news
- Collaborate with reporters and editors on the Global Technology team and others across teams and regions
- Be committed to the best journalistic practices, sound judgment and a willingness to learn
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Minimum of three years of business and financial journalism experience
- Strong knowledge of and interest in the technology industry
- A solid track record of breaking news and a portfolio of long-form investigative features
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- The ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you, apply today!
We're eager to speak with you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.