Team Lead - App Frameworks Functions
New York, NY
Posted Jun 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 95670
The App Frameworks Functions team is responsible for building and advancing the core set of tools that engineers within Bloomberg depend on to deploy, observe, and troubleshoot their own Terminal applications.
We also build a suite of tools used by both Engineering and our client-facing technical support teams to help diagnose client’s technical issues and gain insights into the overall landscape of our client environments. Our technology comprises full stack applications using React, TypeScript, and latest application best-practices, open source middleware such as Redis and Kafka, and both SQL and NoSQL databases.
In addition to applications, we own the backend crash event aggregation infrastructure that is integrated to consume crash reports from various layers of Bloomberg’s application and backend infrastructure across both client and server, and powers the reporting, alerting, and analytics seen in our suite of diagnostic tools.
Our team is focused on helping to define best-in-class standards for application development on the Terminal, and we work closely with both our peer teams and the broader Bloomberg Engineering community to understand the needs and workflows of our developers. In partnership with a UX counterpart and technical product owner, team members are empowered to take ownership of the team’s products and help define the features and integrations that best enable our users to solve problems and get their jobs done.
Who you are:
As a Team Leader of 5 to 6 people, you will be responsible for owning the product vision for the team’s portfolio of applications, managing project execution within the team, and coordinating cross-team collaborations. You will be a technical leader of the team, contributing individually while also setting and maintaining technical standards and actively participating in technical designs and reviews. You will be actively developing and growing individuals through 1-1 discussions, mentoring and training. Your unique mix of technical expertise, product ownership, stakeholder management, and people leadership will be instrumental in driving the team forward.
We’ll trust you to:
- Inspire and motivate a high performing team to achieve great results, while supporting individual growth and development.
- Work closely with Product and other stakeholders to deliver on the product roadmap
- Design, develop, validate and deploy proposed solutions
- Develop strong partnerships across Application Frameworks as well as the application engineering communities
- Assist in recruiting top-class engineering talent for teams across the Application Frameworks organization
You'll need to have:
- Proven experience as a leader owning “full stack” applications
- A passion for direct user engagement with engineers and building tools to improve their workflows
- Experience architecting and building scalable systems and user experience workflows
- Experience and/or interest in building and supporting a breadth of applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices in Web application development
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.