Bloomberg TV - Senior Producer
New York, NY
Posted Sep 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 95681
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg TV is looking for an experienced television Senior Producer for our iconic weekly news program, Bloomberg Wall Street Week hosted by David Westin. Based in New York, the candidate will be responsible for producing the weekly news show as well as Balance of Power, our daily flagship politics program.
Responsibilities include leading editorial direction, building a rundown, timing a show, producing live breaking news, writing scripts, pitching stories and guests, conceiving of graphics and producing programs from the control room. Candidates should have a passion for politics, markets and news, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate must have strong editorial, writing, and production skills. In addition, familiarity with digital video, graphics and producing content for multiple platforms is important as well. This position requires flexibility in working varied hours.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Be a self-starter, with a can-do attitude and a passion for our project.
- Write and research compelling segments relevant to our sophisticated audience.
- Have a keen eye and source video and graphics elements.
- Be flexible with working hours to accommodate production schedules.
- Be a team player.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years overall experience and 5+ years of recent/relevant experience producing live newscasts in a control room environment with live line producing
- Strong editorial, storytelling, communication, and editing skills
- Familiarity with digital video trends and producing content for multiple platforms
- Knowledge of financial markets and news
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Flexibility in working varied hours
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.