Facilities Operations Manager
New York, NY
Posted Sep 24, 2021 - Requisition No. 95725
Workplace Operations & Supply Chain provides an employee experience that drives innovation, collaboration, productivity, and transparency. Our Global Employee Operations Team is central in this effort by providing platinum support to nearly 21,000 employees and more than 500,000 annual visitors in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world!
We are a close-knit, hardworking team made up of: Facility Managers, Movers and Mobile Technology representatives. Each of these groups rely upon a sophisticated set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we can develop.
For example, our 21,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software downloads to a Desktop dispatch. With the ever growing workforce we are responsible for an average of 7,000 moves annually, handling approximately 400+ software titles, as well as monitoring our entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
Well trust you to:
- Manage all facilities portions of the office - regular site inspections, auditing of third party vendors, space management, coordination of desk/office moves, operational cost analysis, budgeting, invoice reviews, cost tracking, creating purchasing requests, liaising with vendors and functional managers to lead regional projects.
- Operate effectively in a hands-on role as well as being a strategic, big-picture leader across Facilities Management. Providing technical support for IT desktop set up as it pertains to move management
- Build partnerships with multi-functional teams and facilitate interactions across all levels of the business
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously, with knowledge around agile project methodologies and an ability to prioritize and shift priorities as needed
- Coach, mentor and train third party facility managers with a focus on building high performing outsourced teams
- Implement and maintain Bloomberg's Facilities Global Standards proactively with a focus on exceptional cleanliness, maintenance and pantry services
- This position requires daily interaction with vendors and internal Bloomberg staff at all levels and coordinating / ensuring organizational processes and procedures are followed.
- Using agile methodologies to develop and implement strategic initiatives that support business operations, move coordinate and drive workplace improvements through using data analytics to support decision making
- Extensive knowledge of budgeting and financial controls with a focus on third party invoice approvals and tracking.
- The position requires oversight of service analysts and desktop technicians with extensive use of the Facilities ticketing system
- This individual will be part of the New York Move Management team for with a focus on moves and desktop support and management of third party vendors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years in Facilities Management or Property Management with IT experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Experience in facilities and move management
- Experience with Tririga or a similar system that enables space management
- Familiarity with industry terms related to space design, project management and contract management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with outstanding customer service skills with ability to maintain solid stakeholder relationships
- Ability to triage and prioritize desk-side end-user technology issues through management of third part vendors
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Project and Word
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, and decision making abilities
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills including leadership, coaching, presenting, convincing, collaborating, establishing and measuring metrics, and delegating
You’ll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.