Senior Financial Analyst - Enterprise Data
New York, NY
Posted Sep 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 95763
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. The Enterprise Data CFO Team is responsible for all aspects of business financial planning, analysis, and profitability reporting which provides a unique opportunity to partner with key business stakeholders and have a direct impact on the success of the Enterprise Data business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support FP&A function by preparing management reporting and analysis for all expenses, headcount, allocations, and business unit product P&Ls.
- Liaise with corporate FP&A on business group performance vs. business plans and business metrics.
- Partner with the business across Product, Operations, and Sales to develop the annual operating budget including operating expenses, headcount, compensation and capex.
- Synthesize large amounts of raw data and financial information to communicate a meaningful story to business partners.
- Act as a key contact for the CFO team to the business and across the organization for financial data requests and ad-hoc analysis.
- Manage the general ledger hierarchy for new product codes, cost centers and business areas.
- Monitor the monthly close process as it relates to expenses and headcount.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial information for Management discussing year to date performance against business plan and financial outlook.
- Develop processes and tools to identify automation opportunities and improve efficiency of CFO team.
- Ensure compliance with applicable internal and external accounting standards and financial policies.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance.
- Approximately 6 to 10 years of Finance experience with at least 3 years in a finance role supporting a business unit.
- Strong quantitative, financial, and analytical skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and comfortable working with large data sets and various systems.
- Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, and Hyperion
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg terminal
- Comfortable with learning new systems
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.