Global Data - Corporate Actions – Data Specialist (Arabic Speaker) – Dubai
Posted Sep 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 95812
Bloomberg runs on data and Data drives the markets. The Global Data team is responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in ingesting and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning. This role will sit in Global Data Dubai team and also work closely with Company Events team in London.
- Process and manage Arabic and English language corporate actions datasets, ensure the timely and accurate the data processing.
- Function as a subject-matter-expert internally and externally by consulting others on the domain in company events in Middle Eastern market
- Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Lead continuous improvement by generating and executing upon ideas to improve the quality of our data products and/or associated processes
- Support Sales and represent Bloomberg by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders and work towards strengthen the relationship with Middle East exchanges to ensure we provide timely and accurate dataset.
- Manage daily vendor operations by handling escalations, conducting training, and managing other ad hoc projects
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner. This includes resolving clients’ inquiries via Bloomberg chat system.
- Proactively review data acquisition process, find area to expand alternative data source for company event information in middle east
- Work closely with APAC team to bridge the time zone gap between EMEA and APAC team on client inquiries and increase cross region collaboration.
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
- Experience working with, managing or using financial data
- 2+ years of experience in similar role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with and/or managing 3rd party providers
- Experience in using Business Intelligence and/or Analysis
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Stakeholder-focused mind-set
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.