Chief Operating Officer, Buyside Product
New York, NY
Posted Sep 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 95826
We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer to join the Buyside Product business within the Financial Products department. The COO will be a business and thought partner who will take a systematic view from product development to management and be able to translate conceptual ideas to the business. The COO will also provide strategic oversight for business operations and project management.
About our Buyside Enterprise business:
Bloomberg’s comprehensive and integrated enterprise solutions help buy-side firms generate alpha, develop and service clients, remain compliant and grow profits in the face of change.
Bloomberg’s trade execution and order management solutions provide multi-asset order and execution management solutions and investment cycle analytics that enable buy-side firms to turn their trade and order data into a competitive advantage. As a result, firms can create more efficient workflows, connect to the global capital markets, drive regulatory compliance and lower their total cost of ownership.
The Buyside Product business consists of Research & Portfolio Management, Order & Execution Management and Post Trade & Operations strategies through our PORT (Portfolio & Risk Analytics) and AIM (Asset & Investment Manager).
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of existing business processes and design new systematic approaches to drive collaboration, efficiency and transparency
- Take responsibility for ensuring plans are well captured and execution is tracked thoughtfully
- Use data analysis to actively identify new and innovative ways to track business performance, and suggest additional ideas for drivers and removing obstacles in our delivery
- Own the strategy deck for the business and communication of that strategy. This is a key document that communicates how we understand markets, our customers and solutions
- Liaise regularly with CFO and Sales to report on key metrics
- Develop and own our internal marketing and communication strategies and liaise with Sales/Marketing/Comms teams to drive these
- Manage cross-functional and multi group projects
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in financial services, with at least 5 years in a Commercial position
- Prior change management or leadership experience required
- Technology experience and background
- Ability to be versatile and adaptable
- Understanding of the software development/engineering lifecycle
- Deep understanding of financial markets across multiple asset classes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability drive innovation and creativity
- Capability to work productively on a consultative basis with internal clients and executing parties
- Ability to multi-task and manage an evolving set of business priorities
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status