Creative Content Lead (6-months Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 95885
What is the future of storytelling in podcasts, social videos, immersive articles and longform documentaries? How can data clarify and create new perspectives? Where are the new ideas – and people – advancing equality and sustainability and shaping our global future? What does the future of work, the future of cities, the future of finance and of future health look like?
At Bloomberg Media Studios, we confront these questions every day. As the global studio at the heart of Bloomberg Media Group, we develop creative solutions for brands that leverage Bloomberg’s mission, intelligence, and equity for Bloomberg’s core audiences.
Our creative team includes video producer, editors, designers, animators, data journalists, scriptwriters and coders who are passionate about developing innovative ideas and committed to working for a company that places purpose at the center of its business, and understands that creativity depends on a healthy, balanced and supportive work environment.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television and OTT, digital, magazine, podcast and radio, and live event platforms across the globe, and Bloomberg Media has become the indispensable source of information for the world’s most influential business leaders of today and for the next generation of leaders changing how we work and live.
Bloomberg Media Studios is searching for a Creative Content Lead who can take develop and executing best-in-class creative work on behalf of Bloomberg clients – from developing a new podcast series to scriptwriting a series of TikTok videos to imagining a data visualization that will change how people think about a subject. We are looking for someone with a strong background in Copywriting, Data Journalism, Video Storytelling, Scriptwriting and/or Podcasting who can direct a cross-disciplinary team to produce breakthrough ideas and work, as well as get their hands dirty as part of a larger team.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering work and content
- Write scripts, articles and social copy that will deliver thought leadership and engage Bloomberg’s audience of modern leaders
- Guide, teach and push members of the Creative teams in developing concepts and be part of the creative process from strategy to concepts to execution
- Autonomously own a large project from kickoff to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once
- Oversee and provide thought leadership in the assessment of existing properties for content value, relevance, aesthetics, branding and overall experience
- Build confidence with clients through compelling presentation of content ideas. Independent thinking and effective oral and written presentation skills are required
- Collaborate, multi-task and work efficiently under the pressure of deadlines
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of copywriting/content creation and strong video work/scriptwriting experience preferred
- Creative or content/publisher/agency/consultancy experience desired
- Good presentation and time management skills
- Ability to explain abstract, complex or cutting-edge ideas in a straightforward way
- Proven skills in presenting, client partnership and visual communication
- Knowledge of the capabilities of modern web technologies and desire to stay at the forefront as new technologies emerge
- Broad knowledge of social media and digital communications
- Advanced knowledge of video, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.