Chief Operation Officer, Enterprise Products
New York, NY
Posted Sep 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 95945
Who we are
We’re responsible for brainstorming, building and implementing the tools our clients use to navigate the markets. We partner with the Engineering team to determine what they should develop, with Sales to determine what they should sell, and with Analytics to determine which datasets and capabilities they should illuminate for our clients. We ensure the most influential people in business, finance and government have the information they need — and the tools to take action.
What you’ll work on
Within Financial Products you have the opportunity to work across Bloomberg’s entire range of products and solutions, from the Terminal to our execution and order management systems, data and content offerings, financial data management services, integration and distribution technologies and Bloomberg Tradebook. Your role is shaping and improving those products so our customers have the tools they need to succeed – the moment they need them.
Who we look for
You’ll have a deep understanding of the markets and can work well with many different teams. And since you’ll have to secure funding inside the company, you know how to develop tailored product roadmaps and sell people on them.
We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer to join our Enterprise Products business within the Financial Products department. The COO will be a business and thought partner who will take a systematic view from product development to management and be able to translate conceptual ideas to the business. The COO will also provide strategic oversight for business operations and project management.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of existing business processes and design new systematic approaches to drive collaboration, efficiency and transparency
- Drive Cross Product Strategy and Initiatives
- Develop and own our internal marketing and communication strategies and liaise with Sales/Marketing/Comms teams to drive the agenda
- Take responsibility for ensuring plans are well captured and execution is tracked thoughtfully
- Use data analysis to actively identify new and innovative ways to track business performance, and suggest additional ideas for drivers and removing obstacles in our delivery
- Own the strategy deck for the business and communication of that strategy. This is a key document that communicates how we understand markets, our customers and solutions
- Liaise regularly with CFO and Sales to report on key metrics
- Manage cross-functional and multi group projects
You’ll need to have:
- 15+ years of experience in financial services, with at least 5 years in a Commercial position
- Prior change management or leadership experience required
- Drive Market Structure across businesses
- Technology experience and background
- Ability to be versatile and adaptable
- Understanding of the software development/engineering lifecycle
- Deep understanding of financial markets across multiple asset classes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability drive innovation and creativity
- Capability to work productively on a consultative basis with internal clients and executing parties
- Ability to multi-task and manage an evolving set of business priorities
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.