Crypto and DeFi Reporter
New York, NY
Posted Sep 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 95955
Bloomberg News is seeking a reporter to cover the cutting edge of the convergence of technology and markets: decentralized finance. We're looking for a well-sourced reporter with a record of scoops to write compellingly and break news in one of the fastest-moving realms of the crypto ecosystem.
Requirements include curiosity about the topic, an ability to translate complex concepts with lucidity and skepticism as well as sourcing at every strata -- from technologists and professional traders to the investors seeding the space with startup finance. Working closely with teams across the newsroom, you'll cover everything from the nuts and bolts of automated liquidity to potential regulation and the implications of blockchain technology for traditional Wall Street banks.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about writing with rigor and skepticism on a topic that is of interest to a broad swath of the financial news audience, with a special emphasis on Terminal subscribers, across breaking news and enterprise.
We expect you to be intensely collaborative, curious, and ambitious about the opportunity to tell stories on a high-profile beat that intersects with markets, finance, technology, regulation and more.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and sharp stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights, that don't just focus on the “what happened'” but also on the “why” and “so what”'
- Tap Bloomberg's rich data and analytics to access original material for technical charts and stories
- Collaborate with reporters across the newsroom and worldwide
You’ll need to have:
- Reporting experience covering financial markets or companies
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.