Crypto and Regulation Reporter
Posted Sep 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 95956
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced reporter in Washington to cover the fast-changing landscape of cryptocurrency regulation. We're looking for a reporter capable of breaking news across government authorities and on Capitol Hill, from the crypto crackdown by Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Gary Gensler to the Federal Reserve's scrutiny of stablecoins to the behind-the-scenes debates over taxation rules.
We're looking for a proven ability to find and deliver major exclusives and follow up with deeply reported enterprise, including magazine features. We'll expect the successful candidate to deliver scoops on everything from investigations into misconduct in the nascent field to policies that determine the fate of billions of dollars in investments.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about writing with rigor and skepticism on a topic that is of interest to a broad swath of the financial news audience, with a special emphasis on Terminal subscribers, across breaking news and enterprise.
We expect you to be intensely collaborative, curious, and ambitious about the opportunity to tell stories on a high-profile beat that intersects with markets, finance, technology, regulation and more.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and sharp stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights, that don't just focus on the “what happened'” but also on the “why” and “so what”'
- Tap Bloomberg's rich data and analytics to access original material for technical charts and stories
- Collaborate with reporters across the newsroom and worldwide
You’ll need to have:
- Reporting experience covering financial markets or companies
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.